Incredible Atherton Opportunity
283 Selby Ln
Atherton, CA 94027
Land: 2.56 acres (approx.)
Located in sought-after central Atherton, just one mile from the prestigious Menlo Circus Club, this property offers myriad options for today and the future, including creating one or two grand estates. The property comprises two legal adjoining parcels with a combined lot size of approximately 2.56 level acres. The front parcel of 1.46± acres is where the existing residence is positioned, set far back from the street and gated entrances. This one-level home is bright, light, and well-appointed with potential for use while developing future plans.
The second rear parcel, of just over one acre, comprises the home’s pool, a large art deco pool house, golf practice area, and tremendous stretch of lawn. Adding to the appeal, this lot has a “flag” entrance from a cul-de-sac giving it a private driveway should this lot be developed on its own.
The entire setting is exceptionally private with vast stretches of sun-swept level land, perimeter trees, and mature trees at the front that afford added privacy. Offering an excellent opportunity, this property is just minutes to Stanford University, downtown Menlo Park, and commute routes to Silicon Valley or San Francisco tech centers.
Summary of the Property
• Approximately 2.56 acres comprised of two separate parcels
• Front parcel: approximately 1.46 acres (63,460 square feet)
• Rear parcel: approximately 1.10 acres (48,065 square feet)
• Excellent opportunity to renovate, expand, build one new estate, or develop two estates
• Three bedroom, two and one-half bath single-level home with grand living room, formal dining room or
• Updated eat-in kitchen with commercial-quality stainless steel appliances
• Three bedrooms, including two with en-suite baths
• Detached 2-car garage with attached caterer’s kitchen
• Art deco pool house with kitchen and full bath plus changing rooms with bath
• Vast stretch of lawn with golf practice area at one end
• Well for irrigation
• Electronic gated driveway and pedestrian entrances
• Just one mile to the Menlo Circus Club
Atherton is ranked by Forbes as the #1 most expensive ZIP code in the country. It is the most prestigious community in the San Francisco Bay Area and is located midway between Silicon Valley and San Francisco tech centers. Sand Hill Road, renowned for home to the venture capital community, is just minutes away as is Stanford University. Atherton is also close to two international airports, San Francisco and San Jose.
Atherton is primary residence to many of the area’s top executives, venture capitalists, and famed athletes. Curbless streets border single-family residential homes, most on minimum one-acre lots. There are no multi-family, mixed-use, industrial, or commercial properties with the exception of private schools and the prestigious Menlo Circus Club.